Saturday, November 04, 2006

Do It! Do it NOW!

It really is amazing that I'm not married right now. (I know..I could have been. Twice. Now hush up and let me explain...) Now I know that sounds egotistical, but I'm not saying this because I'm sooo worthy ...it's more like..

I'm really impulsive.

Really. Impulsive.

I just went back into a few old journals...reading my high school adventures and nothing...NOTHING has changed about me.

Except, perhaps my vocabulary. I used to say things like.."that felt mad good" with a DELICIOUSLY thick "Brwonkx" accent.

However, with age comes some wisdom...whereas, I know that impulses shouldn't be...denied, per se, but acknowledged..and then allowed to marinate.
Let the flavor penetrate...have a little patience Nye.

But even with the patience, you should just do the damn thing. Life is too damn short not to.

Too short to deal with the "what ifs". I'd rather say "Remember the time ..."
(And I got some news this week that REALLY brought that home.)

So, with that being said, I guarantee, if I lived closer to Vegas, I would have been divorced at least twice by now...or at the very least...annulled.
18 year old Nyree would have been saying "I Do" in some crazy impulsive ceremony performed by "James Brown"...just to do it. Just to blog about it when she's in her thirties.( Damn I wish I lived closer to Vegas.)

Anyhoo...

This past week, I was slightly emo and contemplating just...fucking EVERYTHING, so I did what I do best.

I whipped out my debit card. (I know..I know. Don't give me that look. I'm only human.)

Yep. I cleaned up the credit and whatever was left I dropped in a mall in Long Island.
Now, I don't feel too bad about this. I mean, I believe there are things you shouldn't skimp on.
Your living quarters, grooming, appearance and fun.

Oh...

And Prince.

He's opening 3121 in the Rio Hotel in Las Vegas next Saturday. (...said the fan club email...and lookie how considerate! They provided a link where you can buy tickets like fingersnap).

You know me by now...don't you? You've seen me go through Prince-induced asthma...haven't you?
If you haven't, don't. It's not fun to watch me get shaken to my very core and become an indecisive pile of groupie-mush.

I didn't think...I just... just...started to sweat. And suddenly, just as I was thinking..."This is crazy Nye. It's NEXT WEEKEND"

..like a sign from the cosmos... my iTunes began cranking...

"Though the gates...knock on the door.
Put your clothes in a pile...on the floor.
Take your pick from the Japanese robes and sandals
Drink champagne from a glass with chocolate handles...
Don't wanna come? 3121!
Gonna be so much fun! 3121!
That's where the party be! 3121!...
You can come if you want to ...but you can never leave..."

And then sheer panic settled it. HE WAS TALKING TO ME! AND WHAT IF THE TICKETS ARE GONE? YOU KNOW HOW PRINCE FANS ARE! THEY'LL BE GONE! ALL OF THEM! BUY THEM! BUY THEM!
So I fished out the debit card...typed in my password..the secret Prince fan club pre-sale code and ...

(don't breathe...just click...worry about hotel later...)

Click.

Oh shit.

(Blink. Blink.)

I'm going to Vegas.

(Blink. Blink.)

NEXT WEEKEND.

..and then it hits me. WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST DO?


My relationship overweight, stranded in the middle of a frozen lake...and the water is beginning to crack...

I don't have an HD TV so I can watch the fucking Star Wars marathon on Cinemax.

I have to cook Thanksgiving Dinner the following week and...

I'M JUST GONNA GET ON A PLANE AND GO SEE PRINCE IN VEGAS?

Sure am.

Because next week will be the end of my 8 week transformation.
Can you think of a better way to celebrate?!!!


And how did I do? Well... thinking back..pretty damn...great.

I have zero credit card debt.
I've gotten back into the gym.
Built relationships..got rid of the unhealthy ones.
I have fresh flowers...every damn week.
I'm back in touch with my family.
My home is actually ...organized.


And I've learned that shit happens when you just get up off your ass and do it.

And that you'll never lose when you do things out of love. Love of self, or someone else...doesn't matter.
You'll never lose.

Not sure if you guys know who Don Miguel Ruiz is...but he's the author of "The Four Agreements", "The Mastery Of Love" and "The Voice Of Knowledge". I call them my "happy soul" books...I love reading them. (Hey..what can I say, they center me. That..and a good "downward facing dog". ) They reaffirm that expressing love...of other people or of self ...is nothing to ever be ashamed of. And every action should come from that place. If it does...you'll never worry about being wrong. Ever.

And the underlying driving force in this whole journey was just...love.

I was scared to death to get in contact with a few people, and the love I put out, came right back.
I love myself, from my pms days to my "damn I look good" days. And the sad thing is...not everybody can say that.
So doing this was almost like a self-love orgy that lasted for eight weeks.

...that's a whole lot of love babies. Ha!

HOME:

Bout some flowers and FINALLY finalized my paint choices! I'll buy the paint...and slap it on in two weeks.

HEART:
I STILL didn't call my aunt, and there's no excuse for it. I got busy. It'll remain my weekly goal till I do it.
Oh...and I'm gonna invite a few people over to my cold-ass apartment and stop acting like I really do live in the Batcave.
Dinner maybe?

HEALTH:
Would u believe I didn't make the gym ONCE this damn week? Not ONCE. Told you guys, it's been a hell of a week.
AND I couldn't get through it without some nicotine. No to worry. I know it's a nasty dangerous habit. And all this self love is trading that habit for another. Won't beat myself up about it...I'm moving on.

FINANCE:
Aside from Prince in Vegas, shopping and my longing for a $1000 set, I've gotta say, I've been watching it like a hawk.
I didn't bring lunch at ALL this week..but I'm a realist. I'll do it when I can. I enjoy eating out...and I can afford it. I enjoy cooking at home, so when I have time, I will.

LAST WEEK PEOPLE!

For this week...more of the same. Reflection and love...and I'm serious about that driver license.
You've got ONE week to gear yourself up for it! Get ready!

The Nyree "GIRL YOU AIN'T GOT YO LICENSE YET?" Challenge is REAL and it begins in one week.

I promise you...we'll be hitting the West Side Highway by Christmas!

..blastin Prince, of course.

-Nye

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Post Love...

did you leave me for a limited time only ...

PINK!

Nyree said...

Don't cry for me Argentina. The truth is I shall not leave you. Though it may get harder...for you to see me... I'm Argentina...and always will be.