Friday, September 01, 2006

BA-DE-AH! SAY THAT YOU REMEMBER...

"And like um...hey. Period. Point blank. End of conversation."
-Loretta


Today's Goal Met?: Wanna jump back and kiss myself. HEEEY!


(I apologize for the lack of font changes on this entry. I'm on a Mac tonight and there aren't any font options for Mac...sadly.)

OK. Let's begin.

But first, a big-super-dooky shout out to my "younger" (can't call her "little" even though she is..) sister Shervon.
She's moving out on her own for the first time.

(A few words of advice sis... RENT IS REAL. You can borrow my copy
of the movie and sing the title number loud and angry...as I do every time the first of the month lingers near.
"WE'RE NOT GONNA PAY...WE'RE NOT GONNA PAY...WE'RE NOT GONNA PAY...LAST YEARS RENT! THIS YEAR'S RENT!
NEXT YEAR'S RENT!...RENT! RENT! RENT! RENT! RENT!...WE'RE NOT GONNA PAY RENT!...CUZ EVERYTHING IS REEEEEEENT!!"
..and then you'll pay it. And you'll bitch about it. But before you go..dig in Mommy's deep freezer and stuff as much as you can in a backpack without looking suspicious. Get them can goods too girl. Start from the back of the cabinet and move all the french cut string beans to the front. Don't think and don't ask any questions!!...for the love of Sharpton's Press-n-Curl, just do it!!)


So after PF Aaron took me out to lunch today, (and since neither of us know how to say, "None for me, thanks. I've got to get back to work"), we had not one, but two Caprihina's. (Shout out to Brazilians. Sugar, cachaca and lime. Brilliant.) Glassy eyed and feeling like a Nina Simone tune, overheard in Paris (gotta be a good feeling, huh?), I head back to the job...breathing fire, yet fully aware I've got to kick out three miles at least. (Why look back?)

When I return, my fear of getting busted is quickly quelled. Most offices are dark. Just about everyone has already slid down the dinosaur tail screaming "yabba dabba doooo...", but I've still got at least an hour of work to do.

Oh snap.

If they are gone, then the fitness center is probably... (number punch..ring..ring...ring..."Hello. You've reached the Fitness Center. Nobody is here to take..)

Shit.

That's OK. I should run outdoors anyway.

Hop on the first thing smoking back to Spuytin Duyvil, immediately change clothes..and go.

But nothing can be simple with me, can it?

Halfway to the Henry Hudson parkway...I notice my shorts are slowly...slipping down my hips.

Pull em up...keep going...

Slipping ...slipping... eff it. Keep running. Hold em up.

I get sudden flashbacks of a very embarrassing moment in fourth grade, which I'll keep to myself, but it's scarred me.
Despite my wardrobe malfunction, I manage to make it further than I've ever run before. I ran for 45 minutes, and though I couldn't track my actual mileage, 45 minutes in hilly-ass Riverdale is impressive. I'd give myself at least 3 MILES.* (Give or take a tick-tock move or two while the light changed).


Returning home, I'm feeling good. The weather is changing and it's ...SEPTEMBER. Gotta play it.

This reminded me of Loretta. She's responsible for my love of music and every Friday night, it was "album" night.
Earth, Wind and Fire. Marvin Gaye, The Stylistics, The Manhattans, Teddy P, Luther, Natalie Cole, Chaka Khan, and that weird African song you'd play on Ester Satterfield's album...all in all... good shit.

There's nothing else to that. Just wanted to say thanks for the home training Mom. I know the difference between good music and bad thanks to you. But Shervon, seriously. Get them canned goods. Seriously.

Have a great holiday everyone...

-Nye

Hot Beat for Today's Training Montage: September -E.W.&F / Your The One For Me - D. Train

** Did the most non-scientific measurment on earth...and the distance was two approx 2 miles. I'm still proud. Cheese.

No comments: